Love & Dove African provides one-day Tours & Safaris to Arusha National Park, Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park and Ngorongoro Crater. These full day Safaris are specifically ideal tours for clients with limited time or on short stays in Arusha, Moshi Town and other locations but would like the special opportunity to experience the spectacular wildlife adventures that Tanzania has to offer. For example those with a day to spare while in transit to other destination, or prior to a Kilimanjaro trekking venture, before or after a conference or business meetings, or for big student groups and volunteers. Our day Tours and Safaris are short but extremely thrilling. All pick-ups will be from Arusha or Moshi Town, other alternate pick up locations can be indicated by the client and agreed upon in advance to ensure efficiency
Arusha National Park is located northeast of Arusha City. The Park is approximately 552 square km (212 square miles), and is situated about 60km (35 miles) from Kilimanjaro International Airport and 40 minutes drive from Arusha Town.
On the day of your excursion, a representative of Love & Dove Africa and a driver/guide will pick you up from your hotel around 9 am. You will embark on the drive to Arusha National Park, which is 40-60 minutes from either Arusha or Moshi Town.
On this tour, expect to enjoy the beautiful topography that engulfs Arusha National Park. The Park’s unique landscape punctuated by the Momela Lake, forest habitat, Ngurdoto Crater provides an outstanding backdrop for an enjoyable viewing of the wide assortment of wildlife. Imagine the Park lies by the foot of the Mount Meru and you can sight the horizon of the Meru, as well as view the imposing and breath-taking snow capped peak of Mount Kilimanjaro at a distance.
During this day excursion, expect to see a variety of wildlife such as the snooping blue monkey, colorful turaco and trogon, the excitable Colobus and velvet monkeys, buffalos, warthogs, gracefully giraffes gliding about, lazy hippos laying about, red forest duikers, the imposing elephants, zebras grazing, antelopes, flamingos and waterfowl around the Momela Lake. For anyone interested in leisurely hikes, an armed park ranger will accompany you as you stroll across the sweeping parklands. Afterwards, you can enjoy your picnic lunch by the Momela Lake and in the late afternoon you may engage in a canoeing safari [optional] and then leisurely finish your game drive as you depart the park. You will be dropped off at your hotel.
1. Note on VAT:
The Government of Tanzania had planned to introduce VAT (18%) on tourism services during the year 2013. However, following a strong protest from all the tourism stakeholders, the VAT was postponed indefinitely. Following the current budget it is likely that the Government may introduce VAT at anytime with or without prior notice. Any such increase shall be passed on to you. Nevertheless we shall do our utmost to pass any information we receive with regards to VAT to you as soon as we get it.
2. The rates above are inclusive of current levies & taxes as of today, however should there be any new statutory taxes introduced and/or increase of any current levies by Government/Statutory bodies the same shall be passed on to you.
3. Rooming Policy with Serena Lodges:
Serena Hotels will confirm up to a maximum of seven singles per group at a single room rate as contract rate. Any additional single rooms will be charged at double room contract rate.
4. Soft-sided luggage duffels are preferable to hard luggage for storage on Safari vehicles within East Africa. Large suitcases of dimensions greater than 24”x17”x7” are impossible to store in vehicles and on aircraft and should not be used. (Baggage and personal effects are at owner’s risk throughout the tour and baggage insurance for members is strongly advised).
5. Serengeti Balloon (Hot Air Ballon ride) – package rates includes: Transport from client’s lodge or camp to launch site, balloon flight (approximately one hour), champagne, full English breakfast in the busy, return road transfer to Seronera and a flight certificate. No special rates for children. Children below 7 years are not allowed. Children between 7 and 12 years are carried on request only.
6. There may be some departures operated on a re-routed version depending on the status given, but reflecting same experience and number of game drives.
7. Some bookings might straddle between two season making the above seasonal quotations on accommodation NOT APPLICABLE. In such cases, please contact us for TAILOR-MADE QUOTATIONS cutting across seasons.
8. Ngorongoro Crater:
*From 1st April 2015 onwards Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority are increasing both Park Entry and Vehicle Crater Services Fees. Ngorongoro Entry Fee US $60 per person instead of US $ 50; Vehicle Crater Service Fee US $300 instead of US $ 200 per vehicle which is included in the above rates.
Currently, Ngorongoro Conservation Authorities are allowing full day crater tour but they may restrict to half day in the future.
9. The current TANAPA Park Fees are valid up to 30th June 2015 and this may be reviewed from 1st July 2015 onwards. Any increase in park fees will be passed on to you.